If you’re like most people, you probably have a lot going on in your life. You’ve got work, family, friends, and other commitments that can sometimes make it difficult to focus on the task at hand. That’s where Focus Assist comes in.
Focus Assist is a feature in Windows 10 that helps you stay focused by temporarily turning off certain notifications and alerts. This can be helpful when you’re working on an important project or just trying to avoid distractions.
Here’s how to use Focus Assist:
- Open the Settings app by clicking the Start button and then selecting the gear-shaped icon.
- Click on System.
- Select Focus Assist from the left menu.
- There are three options for Focus Assist: Off, Priority Only, and Alarms Only.
Off is the default setting and will allow all notifications and alerts through.
Priority Only will silence all but the most important notifications, such as those from your boss or family. You can customize what counts as a priority by clicking the “Customize your priorities” link.
Alarms Only will only allow alarms to come through, which can be helpful if you’re trying to focus but don’t want to miss an important appointment or event.
- Once you’ve selected your preferred setting, Focus Assist will automatically turn on at specific times or when you’re running certain apps. To customize these settings, click the “Advanced rules” link.
- You can now add or remove specific times when Focus Assist should be active, as well as add apps that should trigger Focus Assist.
- When Focus Assist is turned on, you’ll see a notification in the upper-right corner of your screen. To turn it off, click the notification and select “Turn off for now.”
- You can also turn off Focus Assist by opening the Settings app and going to System > Focus Assist.
Focus Assist can be a helpful tool for staying focused and avoiding distractions. Give it a try and see how it works for you!
If you’re looking for an alternative to Focus Assist, there are a few other options available.
- Cold Turkey: This app allows you to block specific apps and websites so that you can stay focused on your work.
- Freedom: This app works similarly to Cold Turkey and allows you to block specific apps and websites so that you can stay focused on your work.
- SelfControl: This app allows you to block specific websites so that you can stay focused on your work.
- StayFocusd: This Chrome extension allows you to block specific websites so that you can stay focused on your work.
- LeechBlock: This Firefox extension allows you to block specific websites so that you can stay focused on your work.